Ultrasonic water meters: features and benefits
Special devices — ultrasonic water meters. But there are situations when the use of a tachometric (mechanical) device is technically impossible. In this case, it is advisable to buy an ultrasonic water meter. This device is relevant for calculating the exact consumption of not only hot or cold water.
Ultrasonic water meters «Pulsar U» easily integrated into the water consumption accounting system. They are effective both in domestic systems and in industrial facilities. Control of their work is possible remotely — from the control room.
Features and principle of operation of an ultrasonic water meter
Ultrasonic water meters are supplied in a high-strength housing that is resistant to mechanical stress, moisture, and magnetic fields. Unlike mechanical devices, the calculation is carried out by the number of ultrasonic vibrations passing through the water stream. Inside the measuring capsule, special elements are installed that form ultrasonic waves. The impulses are transmitted to the computing unit, where they are processed and converted into volume units. The results are displayed on the screen.
Due to the fact that there are no moving elements inside the measuring unit, nothing prevents the free flow of liquid, and accordingly — no pressure drops are created in the pipeline.
Advantages of ultrasonic water meters
In addition to these advantages, ultrasonic water meters have a number of advantages:
- higher reading accuracy compared to tachometric instruments;
- high reliability and durability — the design of the devices does not contain elements subject to rapid wear;
- versatility — can be mounted both horizontally and vertically;
- ease of installation, operation, maintenance;
- easy to dismantle;
- wide functionality. Water meters can measure not only the volume of consumed liquid, but also its temperature, operating time, automatically respond to emergency situations, record data and store them in memory;
- long service life — about two decades. Manufacturer`s warranty period — 4 years old.